Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 3 : Bracelets



Prior to my diva awakening, I used to create these simple/humble designs made up of glass beads, faux pearls, and cloistone beads. Aren't they cute?

I almost forgot...I went to Quiapo, Manila today to find my wires and crystal beads. Miraculously, I only bought what I needed. Bead shopping in Quiapo could be overwhelming to a novice jewellery designer. The place has a marvelous palette of crystal beads, glass beads, pearls, and plastic beads. Almost everything is pretty and shiny. One should learn to plan ahead on which type of colors or designs you wish to create since the place is very conducive to compulsive shopping. Going back to my bead finds, I was able to buy some amethyst crystals and sadly, some quartz crystals dyed by some sneaky business people in China (I'm currently removing the excess dye so they would be shinier too).

No comments:

 

Views